Translate to Japanese
Join Our Group
Bluenumber was founded in 2015 in New York, Our Tokyo office opened in 2017. We are a small organisation with a big vision to “Identify, Enable and Empower Everyone”. We provide free, portable ‘Bluenumber’ Digital IDs where the data is the property of the holder. We believe data ownership is critical and necessary for all of us in the global digital economy, especially the ‘next billion’ people in developing countries being connected for the first time.
We are now recruiting in Japan. We welcome people who share our vision. Can you help our company grow? Are you an innovator of opportunities to make a better Future? Our current work is focused on using Digital ID for ‘Supply Chain Transparency’, ‘Emerging Asian Markets’, the ‘Next Billion’, and ‘& Rural Development & Co-operative Decentralization’ and ‘Convergent Technologies’.
Bluenumber has offices in USA, Malaysia, Japan and Bangladesh. We closely collaborate with our overseas offices, so applicants are expected to be fluent both in Japanese and written and spoken English.
Announced Date: 15 September 2018 | Closing Date: Monday 15 October 2018
How to apply
Please send a CV and cover letter to the attention of Miho Okada ([email protected]), Managing Director of TraceBlue Japan, by 15 October 2018. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis.
Tokyo. Work from home is available, however, for the first month of a contract, we ask you to work our office in Tokyo to well share our business and work stream.
To be decided.
Technology Officer, Tokyo
What You’ll Do
- You will plan, design, analyze, coordinate, enhance and/or implement our platform, products and systems to meet current and future internal and client needs.
- You are responsible for the full technology-to-product life cycle, the governance of key technology decisions, technical architecture decisions and setting of standards.
- You will manage and deliver projects to achieve objectives set within specified timelines and in accordance to client Service Level Agreements and internal KPIs.
- You will envision and develop product offerings, manage a team, strategize technology investments, and engage positively with internal and external stakeholders.
- You will develop and adhere to our business standards and processes.
- You will participate in our platform and service design review process to support, grow and enhance the Bluenumber ecosystem.
- You will stay up-to-date on trends and developments in the sectors in which we operate and the technologies we use.
- You are responsible for technical and user requirements and designing solutions architecture to specify, implement and meet the same.
- You are responsible to drive, focus and prioritize IT in the organization with strategic planning, governance, principles and processes.
IT Application Development Engineer, Tokyo
What You’ll Do
- Responsible for designing, developing and implementing programs and applications.
- Understanding client requirements and how they translate to new application features and to provide innovative solutions to common problems.
- Perform prototyping, application tests and code reviews to ensure product is satisfactory and according to the specifications.
- Provide the internal team and customers with ongoing technical support.
- Acquire and analyse customer needs and problems, making recommendations to the technical team to satisfy needs and develop solutions. This includes generate ideas for software products that innovate and fill gaps in the current market.
- Develop technical documents and handbooks to accurately represent application design and code.
- Support the technical team in term of programming and coding development mainly in web application, website, Java platform and mobile app development.
- Conduct functional and non-functional testing.
- Responsible for existing software in addition to new developments by performing debugging, testing, code improvement and re-designing tasks on the software.
Communication Officer, Tokyo
Full Time or Part Time (2-3 days per week)
What You’ll Do
- Manage internal communications (memos, newsletters etc.)
- Organise initiatives and plan events or press conferences. Design, create and manage promotions and Social ad campaigns.
- Liaise with media and handle requests for press release, interviews, statements etc.
- Foster relationships with key stakeholders.
- Collaborate with marketing professionals to produce copy for advertisements or articles
- Perform “damage control” in cases of bad publicity
- Assist in communication of strategies or messages from senior leadership
- Development of brand awareness and online reputation
- SEO (search engine optimisation) and generation of inbound traffic
- Create, curate, and manage all published content (images, video and written).
- Develop and expand community and/or influencer outreach efforts.
- Oversee design (e.g. Facebook Timeline cover, profile pic, thumbnails, ads, landing pages, Twitter profile, Linkedin, etc.).
- Analyse key metrics and tweak strategy as needed.
- Compile reports for management showing results (ROI).
It is also good to have the following skill-sets.
- Visual content
- Graphic design
- Data analytics